January 31, 2009
* Make life happen. Actively pursue the things you want.
* Love what you do.
* Be confident in making short-term decisions. A lot of little steps take you where you want
* Outsmart yourself. Take on different challenges, even though you have little experience.
and the biggest one.
* Learn from your mistakes. No matter how far down the wrong road you go, turn back and head in the right direction.
January 29, 2009
Sugar Sugar has this quote on her blog today.
“The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.” Hans Hofmann
I have been working on simplifying my life for sometime.
Don't you find it is a constant process?
Letting go is hard to do.
You can find these lovely charms at my Etsy shop. I am offering my readings a special --- you will receive a free gift with every purchase.
January 27, 2009
January 22, 2009
January 20, 2009
A collage of pink petals, paint brushes and whimsy keeps my heart warm during a long cold winter.
1. forest fairy, 2. Gorgeous Fitting Rooms., 3. Apple, 4. my collages in Anthropologie window, 5. Untitled, 6. A Blossom Fell, 7. sweets to the sweet, 8. Who wouldn´t like to take a seat?!, 9. Words and silk...
Antique dress forms, vintage jewelry and hand crafted frills make up this mosaic of enchantment. Follow the links to these talented flickrettes.
1. Nice day for a white wedding, 2. Cluttered gorgeousness!, 3. My New French Mannequinn, 4. Couronne Charm, 5. paris to the moon, 6. bits and baubles, 7. inside "Theatre of Dreams", Wendy Addison's shop, 8. Dress form cabinet, 9. Paris Style Dress Form, 10. Cake plates with treasures, 11. Decorated Dress Form, 12. Theatre of Dreams, 13. Ribbons, 14. Theatre of Dreams, 15. Pink cabinet of pretties!!!, 16. paris to the moon
January 17, 2009
As posted on Doodle Bug Design Site
Start the New Year with a fabulous blog design! Haven't you been longing for a change in your design? Have you been wanting a different layout? Have you been wanting more bells and whistles? Here you have a chance to get all of that and more absolutely free! This free design will include as many or as few elements as you would like.
Go check out her wonderful blog designs and while you are there enter to win a blog makeover.
January 16, 2009
Wow, who would have guessed knitting could be so much fun.
On my completed knitting project list are 2 scarfs and little itty bitty doll blanket. Well, more like a pot holder. Now I am onto an adult size blanket. Hoping I get it done before the cold weather is gone.
January 14, 2009
I work mostly with found and salvaged items, many of them being vintage. There's a kind of affection and tenderness in the reusing and re purposing of things that were once personal perhaps treasured, possessions. I am infatuated with collections, lost and/or abandoned waiting to be rediscovered and rescued.
January 12, 2009
January 10, 2009
Here's what Designer Handbags 101 had to say:
Besso brand handbags do a fine job of taking major name designs like Hermes and Marc Jacobs and making them into something fresh, new, and affordable. At a fraction of the price of the original big name designer prices
At any rate. I believe it is simply divine and fit for a Queen.
There is not much this man won't do for me. Mama bear wanted a new lamp.
But, the thing is I didn't want to spend any money. Hmmmm...what to do. Go shopping in the attic. For those of you who know me (mother) you know my attic holds many treasures. I had a floor lamp however, I was not fond of the shade that came with it.
January 9, 2009
1. Sweet Hearts Garland, 2. Valentine Button Bouquet, 3. Valentine's Day Postcards, 4. Estancia Designs Sweets for my Sweet Valentine's Bracelet, 5. Valentines Penny Rug, 6. Home is Where the Heart Is, 7. Valentine's Day 2006- Divine Love, 8. Ace of Hearts GoodyBag Grommet Pouch, 9. Camera camera case -Valentine's version, 10. Valentine's Day vintage fabric scrap heart, 11. The Valentine's birds are having a picnic., 12. Whoo loves you? - Handmade Card, 13. Papercut Valentines with Free Pattern!, 14. I LOVE YOU, 15. Felt Heart Embellishments., 16. Ms. Darcy's Knitted Valentines Day Cupcakes